The Beverly Hills MD Lift + Firm Sculpting Cream is an anti-ageing skin cream that claims to contain extremely powerful ingredients that will lift, firm, tighten and rejuvenate the skin.
Beverly Hills MD are a USA based manufacturer of skincare and beauty products. They currently produce a range of products which sell from their promotional website (http://beverlyhills-md.com/).
What Are the Ingredients?
The official website for the product lists the following key ingredients in this product:
- Progeline – the manufacturers claim that this ingredient can stop the production of toxins that kill collagen and elastin. No proof is offered to support this claim.
- Caviar Extract – supposedly, this product rejuvenates skin cells and promotes collagen production. Again, no evidence is offered.
- LiftEssence – this is a proprietary blend created by the Beverly Hills MD team. It contains polysaccharides from a New Zealand tree fern which it is claimed has a lifting and tightening effect on facial skin.
- IdeaLift – another proprietary blend which is claimed to stimulate the production of elastin. No support is given to substantiate the claim.
- SculptEssence – this is listed as a skin filler. No information is provided as to what this substance contains.
- Silk Peptides – the official site claims that these help to ‘replenish the skin’s natural tone and texture’. No specifics are given on how this is accomplished, or, indeed, on what these silk peptides are.
As can be seen, there is very little detail provided as to the specific ingredients and quantities provided. Where claims are made, there is no clinical or other substantive evidence to back them up. This raises a red flag on this product.
How Do You Use The Product?
Beverly Hills MD Lift + Firm Sculpting Cream is designed to be applied twice per day, in the morning and the evening. After cleansing the skin, it should be massaged into the facial and neck skin in an upward, circular motion.
The official website claims that by applying the facial cream before going to bed, the body’s natural night time skin rejuvenation process will work in harmony with the ingredients in the cream to penetrate deep into the skin and “rework the cellular matrix and overall structure of the skin.”
Does it Really Work?
In order to delve behind the marketing hype of a product like this, you need to search for clinical studies conducted by third party researchers that substantiate the claims made. Especially when a product touts itself as doctor formulated, would you expect this to be the case.
Unfortunately, the Beverly Hills MD Lift + Firm Sculpting Cream official website does not provide any solid, third party research to back up any of its claims.
When we delve into the ingredients, we find that Progeline is a proprietary blend that is manufactured by another company, Lucas Meyer Cosmetics. It is marketed as a product that is able to “delay the biological ageing process.” To do this it includes the following ingredients:
- Trifluoroacetyl tripetide-2
While such a bold claim is a red flag in itself, there are no third party studies from that either Beverly Hills MD or Lucas Meyer can point to that back up their claims about Progeline.
Two other key ingredients in this product, LiftEssence and SculptEssence are also proprietary blends created by Lucas Meyer (a proprietary blend is a mixture of ingredients that does not divulge the exact quantity of each ingredient).
LifeEssence contains the following:
- Linseed extract
- Cyathea Cumingii Leaf extract
SculptEssence contains these ingredients:
- Linseed extract
- Betula Alba juice
Again, there are no third party clinical trials available that show the benefits of any of these ingredients in improving the skin.
Idealift is a proprietary blend created by yet another company, Sederma. This one claims to have clinical evidence that it increases skin fibroblasts by 94%. Not surprisingly, however, we are never pointed to that evidence.
The official product website lists 2186 customer reviews. The average rating is 4.85 out of 5 stars.
How Much Does it Cost?
The pricing schedule for Beverly Hills MD Lift + Firm Sculpting Cream is as follows:
- 1 Bottle: $120
- 2 Bottles: $228
- 3 Bottles: $324
The product carries a full 60-day money-back guarantee. The website provides the following customer service phone number:
In the absence of third party evidence to back up the claims made by the producers of Beverley Hills MD Lift + Firm Sculpting Cream, we cannot confidently recommend this product.